by Mahalia Freed ND
4 –6 days in advance:
- Soak 1/2 cup of lentils over night or for 8 hours.
- Drain, secure mesh over top of jar, and invert on counter.
- Rinse sprouts twice a day.
- Harvest in 3-4 days, when sprouts are at desired length.
- 1 (organic) red pepper, chopped or diced
- 2 stalks of (organic) celery, diced
- 1 large or 2 small carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup dulse (seaweed) torn or cut into small pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- Bragg’s liquid aminos*
Place all solid ingredients along with lentil sprouts in a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, and Bragg’s liquid aminos to taste. Add good olive oil if you like. Toss, enjoy. This salad gets better as it marinates, so don’t worry about dressing before taking to a party to impress your friends. Dress it, take it. They will be impressed!
* If sensitive to soy , subsitute sea salt for the Bragg’s
~ Vary the veggies as the contents of your crisper drawer dictate. Share your favorite combination with us!